Kiwi Margarita is a refreshing cocktail that is spicy and spicy, but with an ideal water of sweetness. The elegant green shade makes it such a beauty to serve!
The right drink can really take your food to the next level. Serve this kid-friendly Mango Lemonade at your next Sunday dinner, and impress your friends at brunch with this Frozen Strawberry Diaquiri. For some comfort, this instant pot apple cider is always a wonderful choice.
Kiwi Margarita Recipe
Kiwi Margarita uses one of my favorite fruits: kiwi! Those little fuzzy balls of fruit are always such a treat. I can eat one after the other, and if I don’t see it, I can probably eat a whole bunch by myself.
The kiwi’s flavor profile – pungent, slightly sweet, and super juicy – goes so well in cocktails, especially margaritas. It cuts through the tequila, and the orange liqueur enhances the tropical flavor of this drink.
This natural green color looks so gorgeous in glass longer than snow. Bursting with radiance, freshness and kiwi goodness, this is sure to be a definite hit at your next get-toog!
What is Margarita?
Margarita is a popular cocktail made with tequila, lime juice and orange liqueur. It can be served straight up (no ice), mixed (aka frozen margarita), or on ice cubes (on rocks). Before serving, the glass rim is usually rolled in salt.
The original margarita recipe is already very tasty in itself. However, those fruit flavors are very versatile, and you can make lots of versions using different fruits. Sour, sweet fruits such as kiwis actually go well on margarites.
Kiwi Margarita Ingredients:
If you like to drink cocktails or serve them very often, then you probably already have some of these:
For this Kiwi Margarita recipe, you will need
- Fresh kiwi
- Orange wine
- Lemon juice
- Simple syrup (sugar, water, vanilla, lemon, peppermint)
- Pieces of lime
- Salt or sugar
Apart from kiwi, you can use most fruits to give your margarites a twist, which is another reason to keep these basic ingredients on hand.
How to make the best Kiwi Margarita
There are three simple steps to make Kiwi Margritas:
- Make your own simple syrup Dissolve sugar in water. Once it is completely dissolved, stir in your vanilla, mint, and lemon juice.
- Your kiwi mixture is ready Kiwi blending until smooth. Strain the pulp through a mesh sieve.
- Make cocktails. Stir together the kiwi mixture, syrup, alcohol and lime juice.
To serve, run a lime wedge along the rim of your glasses. Dip the rims in sugar or salt. Add ice until the glass is 3/4 full. Pour cocktail into glass, garnish and serve immediately.
Can I use frozen kiwi to make margarita?
Exactly, because you will be processing the fruit anyway. Having a stash of frozen kiwis also means that you can make this drink anytime.
Not a fan of tequila? No problem! You can use other clear liquors such as vodka and white rum. In particular, fruit-flavored vodka really complements this recipe.
You can also use other fruits as I do with my Blueberry Margherita and Strawberry Margherita.
Since you are using lime and orange wine, citrus or tropical fruits such as mangoes, raspberries, and cranberries are well known with the basic components of this cocktail.
Can you make KM in advance?
sure! Just pour the kiwi mix into the container and freeze. When you are ready to use it just defrost and work in the manner described in the service.
- If serving in a crowd, buy lime juice so that you have enough juice without squeezing too many lemons.
- You can use kiwi berries when available.
- Garnish the cocktail with slices of kiwi.
Author: Catalina Castravet Serves: 4 servings
preparation time: 20 Minute total time: 20 Minute
- 2 cups kiwi chunks
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 6 ounces tequila
- 3 oz orange liqueur (like Contriu)
- 2 oz simple syrup
Homemade Simple Syrup Recipe:
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pieces of lime
- Sugar or salt for rim
Make simple syrup:
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat, add water, sugar and lemon rind, bring to a steady boil.
- Stir continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely for about 20–30 minutes.
- Discard the lemon peel.
Make Kiwi Blend:
- Add kiwi chunks in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Strain through a mesh strainer to remove the pulp.
Make Kiwi Margarita:
- Add kiwi juice, lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Run a lime wedge with a rim of two glasses, then dip the rims in a plate with salt or sugar.
- Fill a glass filled with ice and pour the cocktail into the glass, garnish with a wedge of lime and serve.
Calories: 416 Carbohydrates: 72 Protein: 1 fat: 1 Saturated fat: 1 Sodium: 20 Potassium: 341 Fiber: 3 sugar: 64 Vitamin A: 77 vitamin C: 100 Calcium: 37 Iron: 1