The News or Article published here is property of the given Source and they have all the ownership rights Source link https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/indian-cooking-tips-how-to-make-restaurant-style-paneer-do-pyaaza-at-home-2250241
Paneer (or cottage cheese) is one of the staples of Indian cooking that can affect us in any way. Be it an appetizer, main or dessert, the cheese can be molded in any way and takers can be found in any room. There is no dearth of paneer dishes in this country, especially the luscious paneer curry, which we like to cradle with our naan and rotis. From Shahi Paneer, Paneer Labdi Service Cauldron cheese, It is hard to keep count, but we are not complaining. One such popular gravy dish made from paneer is paneer-onion.
(Also Read: 11 Best Cheese Recipe. Easy Cheese Recipe. Popular Cottage Cheese Recipe)
According to legends ‘Do Pyaja’ is a Mughlai way of preparing curry with two whole onions. Some also argue that it is a technique where onions are added in two stages. Another popular theory of ‘do pyaaja’ cuisine is that it is a way to increase the volume of the dish without actually increasing the amount of meat. The myths are gellar, but what we know is that there are ‘piazza’ dishes made primarily of meat; However, it later received several delectable vegetarian productions and Paneer Do-Piazza is arguably the most popular of them all.
(Also read: Secret of two onion dishes)
There is no dearth of cheese dishes in this country
So, without further ado, let’s start with the Paneer Pyaaja recipe!
- 250 grams cottage cheese
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 tomatoes or one cup tomato puree
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Mer Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 green cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 / cup of fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
1. Cut the paneer into cubes about the size of an inch.
2. Take a pan and heat the oil; Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, cumin and save.
3. Now, add onion and green chillies and sauté. Once the onions become slightly translucent and get a nice golden brown color, add ginger garlic paste and sauce for two minutes.
4. Add tomato puree, you can also use blanched tomatoes if you do not have fresh tomato puree. Saute for 3-4 minutes and allow it to roast.
5. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix them well for 2 minutes.
6. Add fresh cream and salt and mix it well for 5 minutes. Now, add the paneer and mix well until the paneer mixes well in the masala. Let it cook for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
7. Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander, onion rings.
Serve with naan, kulcha, roti or rice! Try it at home and tell us how you liked it. If you want to cut fat, you can use low-fat yogurt instead of cream.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita likes everything good, tasty and smooth. Apart from discussing food, her other favorite pastime activities include reading, watching movies and watching TV shows.